Exposure to noise recreationally or at work can cause irreversible hearing damage. It is one of the commonest health problems and can be difficult to detect as the effects build up gradually over time.
Throughout all industry, industrial hearing loss remains the occupational disease with the highest number of civil claims accounting for about 75% of all occupational disease claims.
Under the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 the aim is to ensure workers’ hearing is protected from excessive noise at their place of work, which could cause them to lose their hearing and / or to suffer from tinnitus. The level at which employers must provide hearing protection and hearing protection zones is 80 decibels and the level at which they must assess the risk to workers’ health and provide them with information and training is now 80 decibels.
If you are exposed to 85 db+ sound levels for long periods, you could benefit from using noise protection.
We have all been told it at some point in our lives – ‘Prevention is better than the cure’. So we, at Sound Advice Hearing, have put a lot of emphasis and resource into in to providing a wide range of hearing protection.
We provide hearing protection for all kinds of applications from motor racing, musicians, for industry and different types of shooting protection. Remember, when it’s gone it’s gone! – Lose the noise not your hearing.
By visiting one of our centres we can discuss the correct solution for your particular needs. Custom made hearing protection gives the wearer the best comfort and isolation for extended usage.
Hearing Protection Products – some of the more popular types that we provide:
● Standard earplugs – Instant fit, generic noise protection provides effective noise reduction at an affordable cost. The silicone noise plugs reduce most noise to safe levels while preserving the clarity of speech and richness of music.
● Musicians earplugs – Musicians who perform regularly, or play in high volume surroundings, can benefit from filtered noise plugs. Not only will they protect your hearing, they will bring the overall sound level down without losing the tone or feel of the on stage sound. These hearing protectors made from soft silicone, limit the damaging effects of noise to a safe level, but do not distort the overall sound. They attenuate no more sound than is absolutely necessary, allowing the natural acoustics to remain intact. Different interchangeable filters allow you to determine the amount of attenuation that you require 9,15 or 25dB.
● Custom solid noise protection – made from soft flexible silicone material. They are available in a number of colours and provide approximately 30dB of attenuation. They are most suited to people who require blanket noise reduction, i.e working as road crew or in loud environments.
● Custom filtered noise protection – made from medical grade silicone. These are designed for prolonged usage making them ideal for industrial noise protection. The ear plugs are vented and incorporate a passive acoustic filter, which attenuates loud noises while maintaining the ability of the individual to hear speech, ambient noise and to use phones or radios. Excessive background noise is reduced, resulting in increased safety and performing comfort. They provide approximately 29db SNR attenuation and are CE marked and EN tested. Suitable for industry, motor sport, music industry etc.
● Custom Sonic valve -provides a uniquely intelligent solution to protecting your hearing whilst shooting. Because of the sporadic nature of dangerous noise encountered when shooting, Sonic Valves protect you only when you need it most, allowing you to hear normally when there is no gun being fired. The passive valves react upon impulse from sound waves and shutdown momentarily when the gun fires but still allow you to hear normally otherwise. They are not electronic and the valve barrels can be removed for easy cleaning of the moulds. Because sonic valves allow you to hear under normal circumstances without any impedance, they are ideal for sportsmen, police firearms officers and army personnel.
● Custom ProFlex filtered passive earplugs – Ultra lightweight consisting of a multi softness earpiece with super-soft silicone tip. The earpieces are fitted with a filtered passive module to provide cost effective hearing protection with ambient awareness. They can be laser marked for customisation and are tested and Certified to EN352. More importantly these earplugs can be upgraded to full CENS® Proflex digital by purchasing the electronic module. They are available in hundreds of colour combinations.
● Custom Electronic Noise Suppressors (CENS). Evolution in gunshot hearing protection continues with the CENS® ProFlex electronic module combined with unique multi-softness custom fit earpieces. This new unique design combines superb functionality with an eye catching appearance, and this latest development leads the trend towards obstruction free, comfortable custom noise suppression for today’s shooter.
The CENS® ProFlex is also suitable for use with both rifle and shotgun shooters. Made from flexible, medical-grade silicone material, these digital, ultra soft noise suppressors are designed to be extremely comfortable over long durations, whilst still providing the excellent suppression you expect from CENS® digital. The electronic module is removable making cleaning a simple effective operation.
This module can come in two versions:
Program 1: Optimised for game shooting where there are intermittent shots. This configuration also helps by amplifying sounds such as wings flapping, thus providing the shooter with advanced warning of approaching quarry.
Program 2: Optimised for clay shooting where there are continued shots. This system has been designed to allow more flexible noise suppression while still amplifying ambient sounds. Other models of CENS are available as well as different materials.